Dell is a multinational company which manufactures laptops, printers, TVs and many more devices. It is known as a symbol of quality and the company is famous for the reliability of its products. Its wide range of printing devices makes it stand out of the competition. Dell wired and wireless printing machines are trendy among the users for their excellent performance.
Company manufactures its own cartridges and toners for their printing machines. However its printers are exceptional in terms of features, specifications, and performance. In some cases you may face errors while using these printing devices for an extensive period of time. Among the several errors, error 1203 occurs more often.
Dell Printer Error Code 1203:
The Dell printer error code 1203 occurs because of some critical issues in the ink cartridges. It is a typical ink cartridge error, which also disrupts the performance of printing machine. This error appears due to any fault inside the ink cartridges and result of a paper jam or ink spread out.
A common symptom which you may notice when this error occurs is that the ink might not get onto the paper or your printing device will not be able to carry out a proper print. You may get this issue if the ink gets smudged in the Control panel or if there is an overflow of ink in the new cartridge. This error can be quite tricky to resolve. Even if you fill the tanks with the new ink cartridges, this issue might persevere in your printer.
The error code 1203 might pop up in your Dell printer at any time. So, before contacting a technician to solve this error in your printing machine, follow the steps given below to figure out the cause of this error and resolve it effectively.
- Take away the Copper Contacts on the Printer’s Holder.
- Turn off your printing device and cut the power supply from it.
- Open the printer cover and shift the cartridge carrier to the middle by using the carrier belt.
- Take a clean cotton cloth and pour a few drops of water on it.
- Then, clean the printer’s holder and print nozzles carefully.
- Now give some sample prints to verify if the printer works correctly.
- Make sure that you have aligned the cartridges a few times before clean the cartridges.
While doing the above steps, you must be careful that you don’t leave any fragments of the cloth on the contact panel; otherwise, your printing device will not print properly.
Replace the Ink Cartridge –
Generally, the error code 1203 informs which ink cartridge is causing this issue. If your ink cartridges are new, then you can simply go to the vendor from where you purchased them and ask for a replacement. But in case the ink cartridges are old, then definitely your printer needs a replacement of ink cartridges from a trustworthy service provider. Another reason for replacing ink cartridges is that they have a sensor in them which can never be reset. So, if you do a refill, the printouts will not give the desired output.
The cartridge sensor informs the ink levels after they have reached a certain level. Then, at that moment, if you refill a cartridge, you may get the print job done. But still, the sensor in the cartridge will shows low ink. The only way to resolve the issue is to replace it with a new Dell series cartridge. You should not think to refill the ink cartridges because it might lead to some printing issues.
- With the printer turned on, open the front cover and take out the cartridges from the printer.
- Turn off the printing machine and remove the power cable for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds plug the power cable and turn ON the device.
If the error code is now resolved, please take a “Self-Test” by following the steps given below:
- Ensure that the printer is in “Copy Mode.”
- Press the “Menu” button.
- The screen will show “Copy Menu: Copies”.
- Press the left arrow button. The screen will show “Copy Menu: Tools”.
- Click on the check button. The screen reads “Tools: Maintenance”.
- Click on the check button again. The screen reads “Maintenance: Ink Levels”.
- Press and hold the right arrow button until the screen reads “Maintenance: Print Test Page”.
- Press the check button. It will start the Self-Test.
In case by doing the above methods your printing machine is still stuck with error code 1203. Then get in touch with our expert team at Printersupportsnumber. They have years of experience in evaluating these kind of errors and troubleshoot them in the best possible way. You can contact us at our Dell printer support number to get quick and easy solutions for your Dell printer.